A recent study from a prestigious economic research organization concludes what many energy industry officials have long said: Expansion of intermittent wind and solar power stills need backup from electricity generated by natural gas. The Massachusetts-based National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), which over the years has been associated with 25 Nobel Prize winners in economics, recently pu [ ... ]Read More..
We’re at a time of deeply ambitious plans for clean energy growth. Two of the U.S.’s largest states by population, California and New York, have both mandated that power companies get fully 50 percent of their electricity from renewable sources by the year 2030. Only, there’s a problem: Because of the particular nature of clean energy sources like solar and wind, you can&rs [ ... ]Read More..
The oil and gas boom is reducing U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz said Monday. "The increased production of oil and natural gas in the United States has, obviously, been a major story in terms of our economy, and also our environment," Moniz said at a field hearing in Seattle convened by Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington, the top Democrat on the Senate Energy and Natur [ ... ]Read More..
If even one tenth of this comes to pass, New York State is going to need a lot more natural gas, fuel oil and propane, not to mention coal and wood fired heating systems. JLCpulse Recent research by Professor Valentina Zharkova (Northumbria University) and colleagues has shed new light on the inner workings of the Sun. If correct, this new discovery means that future solar cycles and vari [ ... ]Read More..
The corruption probe of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s two longtime associates has taken a critical turn with Todd Howe, onetime lobbyist and longtime Cuomo family confidant, signing a “cooperation agreement’’ with US Attorney Preet Bharara, a source close to the investigation told The Post.Read More..
Williams Partners LP and its co-developers in the $925 million Constitution natural gas pipeline are favored to prevail in one of two legal challenges to New York’s opposition to the project, according to Bloomberg Intelligence. The developers argument that the project can go forward even as permits are pending before the state favors “a company win,” Bloomberg Intelligence [ ... ]Read More..
Call it the Make-Andrew-Look-Good Tax: a new bump in electric bills OK’d by the Public Service Commission on Monday. Officially, it’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s “zero-emission credits” for electricity, meant to support non-fossil-fuel energy sources. In reality, it’s a bailout for financially struggling upstate nuclear power plants.Read More..
Folks we are all about to pay the price for our Albany legislative and administrative blindness and ignorance of the facts about part time energy generation on the backs of the rate payers. JLCpulse By Jon Campbell in Pressconnects.com 7/29/2016 ALBANY — A key state board on Monday is set to consider a pricey subsidy for nuclear power plants that could amount to several billion dolla [ ... ]Read More..
By Terry Wade and Ernest Scheyder in Reuters 8/3/2016 HOUSTON, Aug 3 (Reuters) - Nimble U.S. shale oil producers continue to show an uncanny ability to squeeze more and more crude from new wells, allowing them to do more with less as they try to weather another dip in oil prices to $40 a barrel. Comments from Noble Energy, Devon Energy and Occidental Petroleum on Wednesday were significa [ ... ]Read More..
About two-thirds of U.S. natural gas production and about half of U.S. oil production currently comes from hydraulically fractured wells. Fracking is an essential process in the U.S. oil and gas extraction process that has enabled the country to become self-sufficient in its hydrocarbon needs. The fracking industry is currently at a critical moment, facing reduced spending and increased environmen [ ... ]Read More..
Dive Brief: The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has granted developers of the Constitution Pipeline an additional two years to complete construction, recognizing delays in New York where rejection of a water permit pushed back development, SNL Energy reports. Williams, Cabot Oil & Gas, Piedmont Natural Gas and WGL Holdings have all partnered to connect Appalachi [ ... ]Read More..
House Republicans are sending subpoenas to two Democratic state attorneys general, accusing them of trying to intimidate climate change skeptics.Read More..
Think the days of U.S. manufacturing are numbered and that our nation's economy is becoming so-called service-based? Not so fast. In fact, U.S. manufacturing has been at the forefront of the nation's economic recovery with strong growth in output and employment, and a large part of the reason is an abundance of low-cost natural gas due to America's shale revolution. Thanks to the power of i [ ... ]Read More..
University of Colorado researchers have determined that "Virtually all of the methane found in groundwater supplies in northeastern Colorado is naturally occurring." They released these findings on July 11. Their study spanned 25 years and found that "microbially generated methane, rather than high-volume hydraulic fracturing, is the primary source of dissolved methane in that region's groundwater [ ... ]Read More..
To the editor: The Southern Illinoisan recently published an Associated Press story on a Johns Hopkins University study that suggests fracking causes asthma attacks. The fact that the AP story was widely reprinted is unfortunate, considering the Chicago-based reporter failed to ask the researchers some important questions. For instance, if fracking has been causing asthma flare-ups in [ ... ]Read More..
- The Fabulous Future Fracking Has Unleashed
- Researchers Retract Findings Regarding The Health Risks Of “Fracking”
- Backlash against big wind: Booing Sierra Clubbers in Pennsylvania
- Solar Leases and Gratitude For Donations!
- NY Lawmakers Ask Gov. Cuomo to Ban New Fossil Fuel Infrastructure Description: Barbara Lifton
- Fractivist Echo Chamber Implodes
- NYS scrambles to answer for gas-friendly report
- UALA Bulletin July 4, 2016
- Obama administration’s fracking rules struck down by federal judge
- Natural Gas Double-Talk from Cuomo: More Duplicity
- An Atlantic Sunrise for Both Rural and Urban Economies
- Another New York Pipeline Debacle in the Works?
- Investors are pulling out of the Buffalo Billion project amid corruption probe
- VIDEO** Donald Trump’s Energy Plan: More Fossil Fuels and Fewer Rules
- EPA Includes Technology Forcing Principles in New Methane Rules
- BBC spin hides the great solar energy fiasco
- Harold Hamm: The Oil Mogul Behind Trump’s Energy Speech
- Debate Rages Over Natural Gas Pipelines In Northeastern States After Plans Halted
- Landowners Sue DRBC and It’s A Beautiful Thing!
- This Liberal Media Outlet Says Fracking To Blame For Green Civil War
- Preet Bharara says he’s not done — and Cuomo might be next
- State asks for more information on potentially allowable fracking plan
- Constitution Pipeline Challenges Decision By NY News Release
- The Bufallo Billion was always an invitation to corruption
- NRDC Sues EPA Over Fracking – Has The Settlement Been Pre-Arranged?