The Keystone Pipeline Reuters Gov. Cuomo banned fracking in New York, and though he has no official say over Pennsylvania, he’s trying to ban it there, too — or at least stop New Yorkers from benefiting. The state Department of Environmental Conservation just nixed National Fuel’s 97-mile Northern Access Pipeline, which was to carry fracked gas from Pennsylvania to [ ... ]Read More..
Andrew Cuomo AP If spending other people’s money were a golf tournament, New York lawmakers would again be wearing the green jacket. And that includes Republicans as well as Democrats. Alas, throwing around record amounts of cash without regard for our ability to pay or the return on our investment ensures we all lose. Will this horror show never end? Albany’s passage o [ ... ]Read More..
AP Gov. Andrew Cuomo achieved a political victory earlier this year when he reached an agreement to shutter the Indian Point nuclear facility. While Cuomo has repeatedly claimed that the nuclear plant’s electricity can be replaced with other sources of “clean” energy starting in 2020, the hard reality is that renewables won’t do the trick. Worse, the state is well on it [ ... ]Read More..
A federal judge has thrown out a $4.24 million jury verdict against one of the largest natural gas producers in Pennsylvania and ordered a new trial in a lawsuit alleging Houston-based Cabot Oil & Gas Corp. contaminated the well water of two families. U.S. Magistrate Judge Martin Carlson on Friday set aside the verdict reached a year ago by a jury in Scranton, saying the evidence presented by [ ... ]Read More..
&n [ ... ]
The Greek philosopher Diogenes reportedly carried an oil lamp during the daytime, the better to help him find an honest man. People everywhere should join Congress and the Trump Administration in search of honest energy and climate policies – as too many existing policies were devised by special interests seeking money and power, and often using imaginary problems to justify their quest. Th [ ... ]Read More..
State regulators last week shot down efforts by utilities to show ratepayers the amount by which their electric bills are being driven up by New York’s new Clean Energy Standard. Under the standard, adopted in August by the state Public Service Commission (PSC) at the urging of Governor Cuomo, utilities and anyone else buying power from the state’s electrical grid must help subsidize [ ... ]Read More..
As MDN reported, last week U.S. District Judge Robert Mariani ruled against a Wayne County landowner in a lawsuit that challenged the right of the Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC) to stop fracking in the Delaware River Basin (see Judge Tosses Wayne County, PA Landowner Lawsuit Against DRBC). At first blush this may see like a setback for landowners in Wayne and Pike Counties who have been de [ ... ]Read More..
COHOCTON - SunEdison, a global renewable energy development company, that operates and maintains over 100 turbine windmills in Cohocton recently filed bankruptcy. Cohocton Wind and Dutch Hill Wind is owned by Terraforma, an investment agency, according to Jamie Johnson, executive director of the Steuben County IDA. “The company that services and maintains (the windmills), SunEdison just fi [ ... ]Read More..
Rumored new FERC appointment Rob Powelson offers a lesson in dealing with the fractivist jihad. It starts with not acting like Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan. We can’t speak highly enough of Rob Powelson, member of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) and currently the president of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC). As we recently reported, Powelson [ ... ]Read More..
1st Session H. R. 510 To establish a uniform and more efficient Federal process for protecting property owners’ rights guaranteed by the fifth amendment. IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES January 22, 2015 Mr. Reed introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary A BILL To establish a unifor [ ... ]
A study from Clemson University and the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta shows fracking lowers mortgage defaults, raises home values and improves FICO scores. It was a little less than six years ago when Ian Urbina, as part of his “Drilling Down” series in the New York Times, wrote a piece entitled “Rush to Drill for Natural Gas Creates Conflicts With Mortgages.” Urbina who [ ... ]Read More..
Last week MDN brought you the news that a federal judge had dismissed a case brought by the Constitution Pipeline against the New York Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) over the issue of denying water crossing permits for the project (see Federal Judge Rejects Constitution Pipe Request to Bypass NY DEC). What we have since come to understand is that this was one of two lawsuits filed by th [ ... ]Read More..
The $1.5-trillion Climate Crisis industry is not about to go quiet into that dark night, or to strut but an hour upon the stage, to then be heard no more. In these desperate times, it is unleashing even more sound and fury, and assaulting new targets, in a frantic effort to expand its heavily subsidized global empire. The Donald Trump administration and Scott Pruitt EPA continue to emphasize foss [ ... ]Read More..
TITUSVILLE — A $6 billion petrochemical plant to be built near Pittsburgh over the next five years will produce more than the polyethylene building blocks for the plastics industry here and worldwide. It will also produce jobs, a new market for existing businesses, spinoff businesses and cheaper raw materials in the region. That was the message Wednesday at a sold-out forum on potential re [ ... ]Read More..
- **VIDEO** Catch Up: Poison wind power
- Federal judge rejects permits challenge in new setback to Constitution Pipeline
- Trump to repeal Obama fracking rule
- 2017: A year for America’s energy resurgence
- Sanford Local Law 1-1-2017
- Op-Ed Wind power is an attack on rural America
- Take Back Al Gore's Nobel And Give It To The Fracking Industry
- EPA questions Pruitt’s link to oil, gas
- Cash in the wind: New York’s wind-power giveaway
- ** Video This is about 30 minutes but this guy gives a great perspective on energy
- Annual Factbook Finds Natural Gas Has Helped Drive Energy Costs to Record Lows
- Chemistry Expert: Carbon Dioxide can’t cause Global Warming
- Gas Bulls: Here Comes the Monster
- In New York, Wind And Solar Get Double Their Value In Subsidies
- Fracking Protesters Are Putin Puppets
- Here’s How Fracking Saved Your Family $1,000 Bucks
- The Environmentalist War On Science
- Natural gas is driving manufacturing’s revival in Pa
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers Again Taking Up Oil/Gas Royalty Protection
- Williams CEO foresees feds helping Constitution Pipeline battle in New York
- Intelligence: Putin Is Funding the Anti-Fracking Campaign
- JERA to Participate in a Natural Gas-fired Thermal Power Generation Project in New York State
- The Days Of Cheap Natural Gas Are Over
- TRUMP'S ENERGY PLAN: 'We must take advantage of the estimated $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves'
- New White House Website Says Trump to Scuttle Climate Action Plan, Clean Water Rule