New York’s rejection of the Constitution Pipeline and Kinder Morgan’s withdrawal of the proposed Northeast Energy Direct pipeline have high- lighted the intense public debate in the Northeast over the need for natural gas and the infrastructure to deliver it. The natural gas industry is steadfast in its position that the region, which has among the highest energy p [ ... ]Read More..
Is justice for DRBC region landowners on the horizon? A lawsuit has been filed against the agency and it’s a beautiful thing; compelling and elegant. Finally. It’s happened. The Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC) is, at long last, being sued for its outrageous caving to political pressure in failing to adopt already prepared regulations that, while onerous, would have probabl [ ... ]Read More..
Filmmaker Josh Fox (C) joins a protest against fracking in California, in Los Angeles in this May 30, 2013 file photo. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson/Files The environmental benefits of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, are causing a split in the global green movement, according to an article published Wednesday in the progressive magazine Mother Jones. Anti-fracking environmenta [ ... ]Read More..
Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara watched with smug satisfaction Thursday as a judge slapped the second of Albany’s “three men in a room” with prison time.Read More..
Anti-fracking protesters outside the Empire Plaza Convention Center. (AP Photo/Mike Groll) ALBANY — The state Department of Environmental Conservation is requesting more information about a proposal to frack for natural gas in the Southern Tier using propane and sand rather than water. The energy industry and environmentalists agree the proposal has the potential to bypas [ ... ]Read More..
Please see the attached file below to read the full news release.Read More..
US Attorney Preet Bharara and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Photo: AP/UPI For US Attorney Preet Bharara — who dethroned the heads of both the state Senate and the Assembly — the idea of probing Gov. Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion must’ve been a no-brainer. After all, having the government hand a billion dollars in taxpayer money to the private sector is dubious in itself &mdash [ ... ]Read More..
The United States Environmental Protection Agency maintains a cozy relationship with environmental groups – it has been caught releasing proposals for early commentary to them and even republished Sierra Club talking points about Keystone XL as being officially from the Obama administration. Well, why is that a surprise? The EPA is stuffed with former environmental activis [ ... ]Read More..
NY Post Editorial Board 4/29/2016 Is Gov. Cuomo trying to kill the upstate economy — or is he just so desperate to suck up to enviro-nuts that he doesn’t care what happens to that region? It’s a fair question, after his decision to kill the Constitution Pipeline — a vital, 124-mile conduit meant to carry natural gas from Pennsylvania to New York and beyond. The move &l [ ... ]Read More..
Executive Deputy Secretary Joseph Percoco (left) and Gov. Andrew Cuomo Gov. Cuomo had seven days of smug last week, all at Mayor de Blasio’s expense — but that changed Friday when it developed that Andrew himself may be back in corruption-buster Preet Bharara’s cross hairs. And if not the governor, then certainly his alter-ego-cum-enforcer Joseph Percoco &mdas [ ... ]Read More..
ALBANY— Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration chose Earth Day, April 22, to reject the proposed Constitution pipeline, which would have carried natural gas from Pennsylvania through portions of upstate. The move came as the governor has been trying to burnish his green credentials, and environmentalists were indeed as delighted with the administration's decision as the pipeline&r [ ... ]Read More..
By Gerald B. Silverman April 25 — The four companies that own Constitution Pipeline Co. LLC may challenge New York's decision to deny a permit for the gas pipeline project, pledging April 25 to “pursue all available options” to fight the state decision. The challenge may include an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Christopher L. Stockt [ ... ]Read More..
Company Says New York DEC Statements Inaccurate, Contradict Facts
NYSDEC Confirmed Receipt of All Necessary Data on Dec. 24, 2014
Company Made Weekly Inquiries to Department to Ensure Data Completeness For Past Nine Months
State Decision Delays Significant Southern Tier Economic Development and Thousands of Jobs ALBA [ ... ]
New York State Department of Environment Conservation Denies Water Quality Certificate Required for Constitution Pipeline Today, officials from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation announced the denial of the Clean Water Act Section 401 Water Quality Certification for the proposed Constitution Pipeline. Although DEC has granted certificates for other projects, the [ ... ]Read More..
Andrew Cuomo Photo: David McGlynn Not satisfied with stabbing upstate’s economy in the back with a fracking ban, Gov. Cuomo may be about to twist the knife — by nixing a vital gas pipeline. Cuomo’s Department of Environmental Conservation has one more week to grant a water-quality permit for the 125-mile Constitution Pipeline, which would ship natural gas from [ ... ]Read More..
- OPINION: Sanders’ fracking ban would be a disaster
- ecorpStim Successfully Fracks PA Marcellus Well Using Baby Oil
- University Releases Research on Fracking and Groundwater
- Hundreds Rally in Binghamton For Constitution Pipeline
- Landowners needed to show support for NG development in NY This Thursday!
- More Green Eggs and Scam; Served New York Style
- U.S. Natural Gas Electricity Efficiency is Always Improving
- If You Missed The Recent Solar Leasing Seminar Watch The Video
- Fossil fuel electricity with no pollution? This company is building a power plant to prove it.
- Obama Adminstration Ramps Up Legal Fight Against Fracking
- Punishing Climate-Change Skeptics
- Solar Farm Leasing Educational Seminar Saturday 04-02-16
- *VIDEO* Ely: “I’m Not Against Anything…But Ban Fracking”
- Climate Change Theorists Consistently Deceive with Glaring Omission
- MIT: Green Energy Can’t Work Unless You Tax Everything
- Governor Cuomo Announces 900 Solar Projects Underway Through 26 Community Solarize Campaigns Across the State
- Constitution Pipeline Receives FERC Authorization to Proceed with Limited Tree Felling Activities in Pennsylvania
- Major Rally Held for Constitution Pipeline - Press Release
- Natural gas likely overtook coal as top U.S. power source in 2015
- A Republican needs to win the general election to secure Cuomo’s political future
- Don't Thank Obama for Cheap Oil
- JLCNY Invitation
- RALLY this Saturday for Upstate and the Constitution Pipeline
- We Have the Numbers, So Approve the Constitution Pipeline!
- Here's how natural gas has helped Pa's family farmers: Eric Cowden