NY Post Editorial Board 4/29/2016 Is Gov. Cuomo trying to kill the upstate economy — or is he just so desperate to suck up to enviro-nuts that he doesn’t care what happens to that region? It’s a fair question, after his decision to kill the Constitution Pipeline — a vital, 124-mile conduit meant to carry natural gas from Pennsylvania to New York and beyond. The move &l [ ... ]Read More..
Executive Deputy Secretary Joseph Percoco (left) and Gov. Andrew Cuomo Gov. Cuomo had seven days of smug last week, all at Mayor de Blasio’s expense — but that changed Friday when it developed that Andrew himself may be back in corruption-buster Preet Bharara’s cross hairs. And if not the governor, then certainly his alter-ego-cum-enforcer Joseph Percoco &mdas [ ... ]Read More..
ALBANY— Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration chose Earth Day, April 22, to reject the proposed Constitution pipeline, which would have carried natural gas from Pennsylvania through portions of upstate. The move came as the governor has been trying to burnish his green credentials, and environmentalists were indeed as delighted with the administration's decision as the pipeline&r [ ... ]Read More..
By Gerald B. Silverman April 25 — The four companies that own Constitution Pipeline Co. LLC may challenge New York's decision to deny a permit for the gas pipeline project, pledging April 25 to “pursue all available options” to fight the state decision. The challenge may include an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Christopher L. Stockt [ ... ]Read More..
Company Says New York DEC Statements Inaccurate, Contradict Facts
NYSDEC Confirmed Receipt of All Necessary Data on Dec. 24, 2014
Company Made Weekly Inquiries to Department to Ensure Data Completeness For Past Nine Months
State Decision Delays Significant Southern Tier Economic Development and Thousands of Jobs ALBA [ ... ]
New York State Department of Environment Conservation Denies Water Quality Certificate Required for Constitution Pipeline Today, officials from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation announced the denial of the Clean Water Act Section 401 Water Quality Certification for the proposed Constitution Pipeline. Although DEC has granted certificates for other projects, the [ ... ]Read More..
Andrew Cuomo Photo: David McGlynn Not satisfied with stabbing upstate’s economy in the back with a fracking ban, Gov. Cuomo may be about to twist the knife — by nixing a vital gas pipeline. Cuomo’s Department of Environmental Conservation has one more week to grant a water-quality permit for the 125-mile Constitution Pipeline, which would ship natural gas from [ ... ]Read More..
Mladen Antonov, AFP/Getty Images A Consol Energy horizontal gas drilling rig in Pennsylvania explores for natural gas stored deep underground in fine-grained sedimentary rocks. Shale gas can be extracted using hydraulic fracturing, or fracking. Mladen Antonov, AFP / Getty ImagesA Consol Energy Horizontal Gas Drilling Rig in Pennsylvania explores for natural gas stored deep underground in fine-gr [ ... ]Read More..
Every now and again eCORP Stimulation Technologies, or “ecorpStim” as they are known, reappears with a press release to announce they’re still around. The last such time MDN covered the company was in July 2014 (see ecorpStim Says New Manufacturing Process Lowers Non-Water Frack Cost). ecorpStim’s technology uses non-flammable liquefied propane as the fluid for fracking. I [ ... ]Read More..
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The University of Cincinnati has released research in the form of a master’s thesis that shows hydraulic fracturing had no impact on groundwater samples taken in Carroll County over a two-year period. The thesis is part of a scientific study that university researchers conducted in order to evaluate whether the practice of hydraulic fracturing was responsible for co [ ... ]Read More..
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Dan Fitzsimmons, JLCNY, 607 775-5821 Hundreds Rally in Binghamton to Support Constitution Pipeline BINGHAMTON – April 21, 2016 – Supporters of the Constitution Pipeline rallied in Binghamton, N.Y., on Thursday to call on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to approve water quality permits needed so that Southe [ ... ]Read More..
Dear Friends and Natural Gas Supporters,
On Thursday, April 21, 2016 please join me in partnering with elected officials, union representatives and economic development organizations to affirm support for the Constitution Pipeline. This is our last opportunity to tell Governor Cuomo and NYSDEC that the Southern Tier needs access to natural gas and the jobs, tax revenue and economic growth Con [ ... ]
The “Green Eggs and Scam” story continues to evolve with one solar fiasco after another, driven by corrupt cronyism and political correctness. A post I wrote a while back called “Green Eggs and Scam,” which regularly gets quite a bit of daily readership on this site as solar promotion schemes continue to get lots of attention in New York, where corrupt cronyism knows no bounds [ ... ]Read More..
El Segundo Energy Center, a 560-MW combined cycle power plant in southern California. Source: Combined Cycle Journal. For electricity, the lifeblood of our modern world, efficiency has been installed as the 1st choice to reduce energy usage and related GHG emissions. Although renewables are ranked 2nd in this critical “loading order,” 3rd ranked natural gas often gets depl [ ... ]Read More..
Dear Friends and Natural Gas Supporters, As a result of Cuomo's mandate that the state provide billions of taxpayer dollars in subsidies for renewable energy development many landowners have received offers to lease their land for solar farms. However these leases leave much to be desired financially and put the landowner at great legal risk. As a result the JLCNY [ ... ]Read More..
- Fossil fuel electricity with no pollution? This company is building a power plant to prove it.
- Obama Adminstration Ramps Up Legal Fight Against Fracking
- Punishing Climate-Change Skeptics
- Solar Farm Leasing Educational Seminar Saturday 04-02-16
- *VIDEO* Ely: “I’m Not Against Anything…But Ban Fracking”
- Climate Change Theorists Consistently Deceive with Glaring Omission
- MIT: Green Energy Can’t Work Unless You Tax Everything
- Governor Cuomo Announces 900 Solar Projects Underway Through 26 Community Solarize Campaigns Across the State
- Constitution Pipeline Receives FERC Authorization to Proceed with Limited Tree Felling Activities in Pennsylvania
- Major Rally Held for Constitution Pipeline - Press Release
- Natural gas likely overtook coal as top U.S. power source in 2015
- A Republican needs to win the general election to secure Cuomo’s political future
- Don't Thank Obama for Cheap Oil
- JLCNY Invitation
- RALLY this Saturday for Upstate and the Constitution Pipeline
- We Have the Numbers, So Approve the Constitution Pipeline!
- Here's how natural gas has helped Pa's family farmers: Eric Cowden
- Constitution Pipeline builders want to start tree clearing before New York state environmental approvals
- Notice and Invitation for Constitution Pipeline Event
- Report: Shale gas surge will export benefits abroad, leaving marginal U.S. gains
- Why Isn’t the Constitution Pipeline Approved by Now?
- Landowners Demand Constitution Pipeline Be Approved
- Unshackle Upstate calls for Cuomo to reconsider fracking ban
- Cuomo could face next guilty verdict in potential probe
- Landowners take Chesapeake to court