House Republicans are sending subpoenas to two Democratic state attorneys general, accusing them of trying to intimidate climate change skeptics.Read More..
Think the days of U.S. manufacturing are numbered and that our nation's economy is becoming so-called service-based? Not so fast. In fact, U.S. manufacturing has been at the forefront of the nation's economic recovery with strong growth in output and employment, and a large part of the reason is an abundance of low-cost natural gas due to America's shale revolution. Thanks to the power of i [ ... ]Read More..
University of Colorado researchers have determined that "Virtually all of the methane found in groundwater supplies in northeastern Colorado is naturally occurring." They released these findings on July 11. Their study spanned 25 years and found that "microbially generated methane, rather than high-volume hydraulic fracturing, is the primary source of dissolved methane in that region's groundwater [ ... ]Read More..
To the editor: The Southern Illinoisan recently published an Associated Press story on a Johns Hopkins University study that suggests fracking causes asthma attacks. The fact that the AP story was widely reprinted is unfortunate, considering the Chicago-based reporter failed to ask the researchers some important questions. For instance, if fracking has been causing asthma flare-ups in [ ... ]Read More..
The resurgence of fracking in the Marcellus and Utica Shales is on the horizon as new sources of demand are being created for the natural gas. Frustration with low natural gas prices is deep within those rural areas of the Northeast who got a taste of what was possible during the 2008-2012. They saw new economic opportunity produced by fracking suddenly appear from nowhere and then [ ... ]Read More..
On March 26, 2015, nine researchers published a study in the Environmental Science and Technology journal entitled “Impact of Natural Gas Extraction on PAH Levels in Ambient Air.” The study concluded that there may be a link between hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”) and an increased risk of cancer. According to one of the authors, “Air pollution from fracking operatio [ ... ]Read More..
If you need another example of the growing backlash against the encroachment of the wind industry, consider this: residents of Penn Forest Township, Pennsylvania, are booing the Sierra Clubbers.Read More..
Dear Friends and Natural Gas Supporters, Today I have some informative information to share with you regarding opportunities and threats to your land due to solar leasing and some good news regarding JLCNY funding. Currently land men are seeking leases for solar farms. While previous operating further down state, now they are approaching landowners in the southern tier area. Most [ ... ]Read More..
Barbara Lifton is a dangerously stupid person. Dangerous because she happens to be an elected member of the New York State Assembly–representing the ultra-liberal bastion of Ithaca, NY. Lifton has long opposed shale drilling in the state, but her hatred of shale drilling has now spilled over and metastasized into a full-blown, irrational hatred of all fossil fuels. Lifton and 21 ot [ ... ]Read More..
The fractivist echo chamber has imploded in the case of a University of Cincinnati study, now withdrawn for errors, but it is long after the headline damage. The fractivist echo chamber is a fact of life for those of us who advocate common sense energy development. We have to face it. We can’t avoid it. We have to correct the record each time some&nbs [ ... ]Read More..
ALBANY — Activists on both sides of the drilling debate are criticizing the state for contradictory views of how natural gas fits into New York's energy mix. The gas industry and environmental groups who oppose its expansion are both focused on a June 16 filing by the Public Service Commission. Responding to a request for a rate hike by New York State Electric and Gas Co., the commission to [ ... ]Read More..
Last week Governor Cuomo took his annual river rafting photo-op to the Delaware River to promote tourism. He brought plenty of company on his white water adventure, with over a dozen rafts and canoes filled with staff, state police, ancillary politicians, river guides, and, of course, the press. It was 45 minutes before the last trooper's canoe shoved off and the press went home. The event g [ ... ]Read More..
In the latest rebuke of the Obama administration’s expansive view of executive power, a federal judge has struck down the Interior Department’s effort to regulate fracking for oil and natural gas. Judge Scott Skavdahl of the District Court of Wyoming already had put a hold on the regulations last year, and in a decision released late Tuesday, he ruled that Congress did not give Inte [ ... ]Read More..
Cuomo’s natural gas double-talk continues; calling for more clean natural gas at the same time he’s banning drilling and rejecting pipelines! If this doesn’t take the cake: The very corrupt New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sold out his own residents and their property rights to radical leftists by placing an ongoing moratorium on high volume (not low volume) hydraulic fractu [ ... ]Read More..
The Atlantic Sunrise pipeline is great news for the rural and urban economies of the Eastern Seaboard region, bringing the benefits of natural gas to both. The reason the Atlantic Sunrise pipeline project is so important and should be approved by FERC is the same reason anti-gas forces oppose it; it will strengthen the potential for natural gas development in the rural northeast and it will bolst [ ... ]Read More..
- Another New York Pipeline Debacle in the Works?
- Investors are pulling out of the Buffalo Billion project amid corruption probe
- VIDEO** Donald Trump’s Energy Plan: More Fossil Fuels and Fewer Rules
- EPA Includes Technology Forcing Principles in New Methane Rules
- BBC spin hides the great solar energy fiasco
- Harold Hamm: The Oil Mogul Behind Trump’s Energy Speech
- Debate Rages Over Natural Gas Pipelines In Northeastern States After Plans Halted
- Landowners Sue DRBC and It’s A Beautiful Thing!
- This Liberal Media Outlet Says Fracking To Blame For Green Civil War
- Preet Bharara says he’s not done — and Cuomo might be next
- State asks for more information on potentially allowable fracking plan
- Constitution Pipeline Challenges Decision By NY News Release
- The Bufallo Billion was always an invitation to corruption
- NRDC Sues EPA Over Fracking – Has The Settlement Been Pre-Arranged?
- Pipeline-killing Cuomo plainly doesn’t care about New York jobs
- Cuomo has reason to worry as Bharara zeroes in on inner circle
- Cuomo’s pipeline decision may have ripple effects for energy policy
- Company Pledges to Fight for N.Y. Pipeline
- Constitution Pipeline Committed to Building Federally Approved Pipeline, Delivering Energy Savings and Environmental Benefits...
- New York State Department of Environment Conservation Denies Water Quality Certificate Required for Constitution Pipeline
- Andrew Cuomo’s poised to kill thousands more upstate jobs
- OPINION: Sanders’ fracking ban would be a disaster
- ecorpStim Successfully Fracks PA Marcellus Well Using Baby Oil
- University Releases Research on Fracking and Groundwater
- Hundreds Rally in Binghamton For Constitution Pipeline